Frequently asked questions about visa Requirements for South Africa including tourist visas:
1. Who requires a tourist visa for South Africa?
- Nationals of EU countries, Australia, Canada, Japan and US for visits of up to 90 days;
- Nationals of Iceland, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway and Switzerland for visits of up to 90 days;
- Nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Israel, Jamaica, Malta, Paraguay, St Helena, Swaziland, Uruguay and Venezuela for visits of up to 90 days;
- Nationals of Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Comoros Islands, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Gabon, Guyana, Hong Kong (SAR), Hungary, Jordan, Korea (Rep. Of), Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Namibia, Peru, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Thailand, Turkey (except holders of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus passports, who do require visas) and Zambia for visits of up to 30 days;
Transit passengers continuing their journey by the same or first connecting aircraft provided holding onward or return documentation and not leaving the airport.
Note: Holders of Visitors visas are not allowed to take up employment in South Africa. Unaccompanied children must hold written consent from their parents when travelling alone. Passports valid for at least 6 months beyond date of departure from South Africa required by all.
2. What are the required documents for a tourist visa for South Africa?
Passport valid for 6 months beyond date of departure.
- 2 X passport-size photos with signature on reverse side.
- 1 X completed application form (failure to complete the application fully and in detail may result in visa being delayed or refused).
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover visit.
- Onward/return ticket and, if in transit, proof of sufficient documentation for admission to the country of destination.
- No criminal record
- Visitors should be of sound mind and body.
For study permits:
- Official letter of acceptance from South African academic institution.
For work permits:
- Official letter of employment from South African company stating salary and position.
For business visas:
- Letter from employer.
3. How much time is required to issue a tourist visa?
In the case of failure to comply with any of these regulations, visitors may be required to leave a cash deposit with the Immigration Officer.
- Applications should be made well in advance. Although the minimum processing time is 3 days, nationals applying for a visa are advised to apply up to 10 weeks before their departure date.
4. What are the costs of visa for South Africa?
- Visitors, Business, Re-entry and Transit:
- Study Permits: (depending on level of education).
- Work Permits:
- Work Seekers Permits:
Nationals of India, Zimbabwe and GAP students are exempt from visa fees.
5. Where can I get further information about South African Visas?
- Embassy of South Africa
South africa visa requirements Links
- South africa visa requirements: http://www.south-africa-tourism.com/south-africa-visa-requirements.html