INTRODUCTION TO UNDERSTANDING EVENT MANAGEMENT MASTER CLASS
AIM OF THE COURSE:
The course aims to provide staff with a general understanding of how to identify client and venue expectations. These include venue requirements of catering, accommodation, meeting logistics, health and safety requirements, infrastructural limitations, Audio Visual systems and Environmental issues.
The course should ideally be run over 1.5 days and should be presented to not more than 10 – 12 people.
What is an Event?
- Association or Corporate Conference
- Product launch
- Awards Dinners
- Special interest groups
- Team building
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Operational staff
- Banqueting staff
- Sales Co-ordinators
- Technical/Maintenance Managers
- Catering Managers
- Understanding the expectations of an event organiser
- Increasing the knowledge of the staff member
- Asking the right questions
- Who will the Venue be contracting with?
- Basic Audio Visual systems
- Health and safety requirements
- Venue infrastructure knowledge
Course material adapted and prepared by: Melanie Sillince and Dave Gladwin: May 2015
Request for Information Form
Kindly complete the below for additional information, course dates, course costs or any information you require.